Banking as a young person in America can be difficult, especially, if you’ve not paid attention to the fine print and accidentally forgot to turn off your overdraft protection (that’s where those big bankers get you!). When that happens you’re now in a dark realm known as the overdraft realm, and, next to the overdraft itself and that $35 fee — your time as a banking customer is pretty much over.
That’s why Chime was invented. The guys at Chime brilliantly managed to create a fee-free debit card that works when other banks don’t. To test such, our Editor in Chief SHK has had a Chime card of his own for the last six months and in his own words “I absolutely love it. The fee free environment and the automatic savings transfers help me tremendously learning to save money and better manage my finances”.
Pros of Chime Bank
- Hundreds of fee-free ATM ‘s in most areas.
- No fee direct deposits/ bill pay.
- Savings account provided free of charge – Automatic savings round ups! (yes round ups! to save you money).
- A very clear and concise mobile app suited for the Gods.
- A fleek white and green Chime debit card that isn’t entirely ugly in your wallet.
- Compatible with Android/Apple Pay! (SHK tested this himself!).
- Easy to use web interface
- On hands customer support.
- Capable of e-mailing direct deposit form to yourself right from app (no phone call to CS required).
Cons of Chime Bank
- There really aren’t many cons to this bank other than the fact that there are no physical branches.
- Weekly bonuses for round ups.
- Useable on Uber & Lyft (considered a major debit card! We’ve tested this!).
- Also compatible with popular cash payment app (CASH on iPhone/Android).
- Quick and friendly social media CS rather than waiting on the phone.
Sold yet? Go ahead and take a peek at the quick and simplified sign-up and get your Chime card today. It takes about 5-7 days (considering the mail in the US is sometimes slow) to get your card. Visit http://www.chimecard.com and sign up today.
The best part about Chime Bank is Chime does not use the Chex systems. Chex Systems are used by almost every major bank in America and essentially is the one thing stopping you from getting a bank account at another bank if the last blocked you from having one. As an adult, banking is a priority, so choose Chime!