1. We do not nor have ever had a paywall. It is unclear to me how that even became speculation.
2. No we are not owned by Rupert Murdoch. For the love of god, I wish people stop sending us mailers for his company. We are not Newspapers Newsgroup Limited or Associated Newspapers.
3. We have never been involved in a criminal case of any kind nor do we have an interest of getting knee deep in such.
4. We do not own a company called Research It. That website that shows such had fabricated that leading many to believe such though that was not true.
5. We do not provide; confirm, or acknowledge information to third party websites. Much of what has been published is speculation. We are fairly private people and despite a public profile have no interest in being in people’s faces every day.
6. On claims that we’ve weaponized our massive platform.
That simply isn’t true. We do our best to use this platform for good although good is defined different depending on who you ask.
7. We do not own some of the news wires and such that print in our newspapers.
Though they are required to abide by a regulated set of terms and locale laws — we do not own some of the names nor wires in this newspaper. We are simply partners with them.
8. We are not administered in the United States.
Despite a massive presence in America, and we thank our American friends for the support, we are not administered in the U.S. The location of our administrative region has never been confirmed and it will remain that way. We have never actually existed in the United States administratively though we own numerous websites in the U.S along with the respective trademarks.
9. It is unclear who or what provides stats to some of these websites that supposedly monitor website visitors.
We do not confirm statistics to outside sources. The most we have ever confirmed is that we have millions of registered users. Though only recently opened our comment section which is heavily moderated to align with the law and prevent accidental legal issues.
10. We do not have any special interests
We are ordinary people behind this newspaper though some don’t see it that way. Understandably, some argue that we are now members of the media and part of the very institution now facing a reckoning. We’d just like to remind people that members or not we are not like our peers whether blogs or newspapers.
11. We’ve made some enemies and are fully aware of that.
By now some of you are probably aware that we are better known for our viral news partnership with News Now. Our Spanish news partner, best known for the now infamous series of articles on Onlyfans.com, resulted in enemies thinking that we ourselves did that.
While we allowed them to run it through the wires that was not our story nor were we involved in how it transpired up until it came time to approve the story. Their story checked out and it led to one thing and then another.
12. I am not the villain some websites make me out to be.
Some websites claim that I am far older than I am and I am unsure where that came to be. I can confirm that I am in my late 20’s. Otherwise I have never confirmed nor denied how old I actually am.
13. On the extensive privacy measures we have in place…
We’ve had our phones hacked; we’ve been profiled by the American FBI (myself specifically), accused of spearheading a hate campaign against a spice girl, and various other colorful things. The privacy measures are simply meant to protect what we can of our normal lives including myself.
We are not press hungry people nor have we ever been though there have been many people who argue to the contrary.
14. On the refusal to acknowledge that we may or may not be “famous.”
This was never about fame for any of us. We weren’t always an online thing as we started as a school project. It just so happened to transfer online at the suggestion of a music teacher who thought we’d be better spending our time crafting it. Though some consider us public figures while others do not — we do not actually accept or acknowledge that title in any way. We have struggled with this topic for many years unsure how to address it, especially considering over the past year or two some have recognized members of our staff in public.
15. On the internet in general…
Over the years, people have published things about us without asking that is oftentimes speculation. We don’t google ourselves usually because we don’t care to know. Though often people do email us or tweet @ us to tell us about things that they find. I’m going to be the first to say that most of it is probably untrue but I am only personally aware of maybe 8% of what is actively on the internet.
I do not google myself nor google us as a newspaper because it almost never ends well. If I listened to half of the things people say about myself including about this newspaper — I wouldn’t be able to leave my house or lead this org every day.
16. We are not funded by some wild political machine with a weird agenda.
The best rumour I have ever heard is in fact the one that we are supposedly an arm of George Soros. I actually did not know who that was until about a year or so ago when someone approached me at an anime convention.
17. On how we are funded…
We are funded by advertising revenue which has worked out great and private funds from the estate that bears my name. We are not funded by outside sources nor have we ever been to the best of my knowledge before or after I assumed power.
18. On how many sites we own or have our hands in..
At one point we operated more than 12 websites though we now have a hand in maybe four.
19. On being sued by Elton John for gleefully revealing details about his threesome…
Certainly the highlight of the era. 🤣
20. To wrap up…
The internet and people in general have this penchant to try and speak for us even if they don’t actually know who we are. Whether that be individually or as a group —- the group behind this paper.
For that reason I think it’s appropriate to ask people to question what they see on the internet about us. If someone has a question simply ask — if it is in a scope of what we can confirm or deny we will likely address it.
The most public thing we’ve ever probably confirmed would be our infamous response to Elton John and his lawyer. Beyond that we tend not to get in bed with Hollywood.
Though I myself and my friends are private people we in no way are bad people trying to hide something. We started as children. This very newspaper has carried us well into adulthood.
Allot of us have since grown up; gotten married, have partners and families now. For that reason, privacy is important to us because of our families.