Daily News Exclusive: We’ve confirmed how Prince died

MINNEAPOLIS —   Contrary to reports about a problem with an alleged HIV infection, Prince, per medical examiner reports and information leaked to The Daily News this evening confirmed that the Purple Rain legend died of a fentanyl overdose. Prince, had reportedly self-administered the opiate painkiller.

Fentanyl is an opioid like drug used to treat severe pain, which,  medical reports and those close to the medical examiner performing tests on Prince’s body confirmed were the initial suspicions.  Fentanyl, per CDC reports and officials, is a painkiller that is 50 times stronger than that of its counterpart heroin.

Federal authorities are currently and still investigating as to how Prince got  his hands on the dangerous drug, some of which, is basically illegal in the United States due to its potency and strength.  A warning from the Center for Disease Control last year warned that accidents with fentanyl are on the rise and considered “alarmingly dangerous”.

The medical examiners report leaked to The Daily News confirms the many reports that claimed that Prince had suffered from years of hip injuries due to tough stage performances. Scars on his left hip and lower right leg were reportedly present during examinations.

(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)
READ  Prince 's death now a criminal investigation -- Here's What We Know